Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Housewife Failure



Let's talk about housework for a moment.

 (Obviously, I failed at both parts of this blog title hah!) Y'all. It's bad. So bad. I want SO BADLY to be that person who can just rock the housekeeping thing. 

I am like my Momma in so many ways, except I missed the housekeeping gene. 

In true form of 2016, and social media, many people have seen photos of my house. Here's a few of my favorites:


Cute, right? I'm pretty proud of it. I'm taking the phrase "Love grows best in small houses" and running with it, because we will be in the house for the foreseeable future. (and I'm finally OK with that, but that's for another post)

Now. These photos are so nice and clean, right? Because WHO would dare put up photos with junk and clutter in them. Right? 

Let's get real for a minute. 

This is the current status of my front door wall: 

That necklace? Has been there for months. The mail? lolololol I don't even KNOW what's in there. I just keep adding to it. 

I'm not even brave enough to snap a picture of my bedroom, but most days, it could be straight out of a hoarders episode. I'm consistently about 4 loads of laundry behind, and there is literally glitter EVERYWHERE. 

The point is: Is the well being and happiness of my kids any less because there is 2 months worth of junk mail sitting by the door? Is their life any "less" than their friends because I just pulled their clean clothes for the day out of basket instead of folding them? Nope.

I'm tired. Work, school, maintaining friendships, dance rehearsal, soccer practices, and just life in general is exhausting. I'd much rather snuggle up with my girls for movie night than worry about sweeping the floors tonight, and for the first time ever, I realize: It's OK. 

I KNOW for a fact that I'm not alone in this. Single parent or not, let's worry more about the time we spend with our kids and friends instead of making it perfect. 

Our babies aren't going to remember the perfectly swept floors or the sparkling baseboards. They're going to remember the time we spent with them and the memories we made. 

and yes. I posted this right before the Christmas hoop-la for a reason. ;) Let it go. Enjoy the days that are coming and the time spent with friends and family. Merry Christmas, friends! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment